Joslin Haggart Yeiser
Unsung Hero Awards
Cancer Family Care's Unsung Hero Awards Dinner will be held on Tuesday, May 15, 2018, at the Kingsgate Marriott.
In 2003, Cancer Family Care established the Unsung Hero Awards in memory of Joslin Haggart Yeiser. According to her husband, Eric Yeiser, Joslin was a quiet hero.
“It is fitting that the Unsung Hero Awards be named for Joslin,” Mr. Yeiser explains. “Even in her last months, when she was suffering from cancer and in pain, she was still able to maintain her smile, sense of humor, and served as an inspiration to all who knew her.”
Nominations are currently being accepted in three categories:
Call Dawn at 513-731-3346 for more information
A cancer patient/survivor is defined as an adult or child who currently has cancer or has battled cancer at any time.
A caregiver is defined as someone who is caring for or who has cared for a cancer patient.
An oncology professional is defined as someone who cares for cancer patients in a professional capacity such as physician, nurse, radiation or chemotherapy technician, hospice worker, social worker, home health aide, etc.
Or submit your nomination electronically with the form below.
Nominations are due by Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
Call 513-731-3346 or email for more information
Mail or fax your nomination to:
Attn: Jill Settlemyre
Cancer Family Care
4790 Red Bank Expressway, Suite 128
Cincinnati, OH 45227
Fax to: 513-672-9539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 13, 2018. Call Cancer Family Care at 513-731-3346 for more information.
- Your nomination must be 600 words or less.
- The nominee must live or work in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- You must include your full name, address, and phone number.
- You must include the full name, address, and daytime phone number of the nominee.
All nominee submissions become the property of Cancer Family Care, and they may be published in any medium. Submission constitutes agreement to: (1) Notify the nominee that he/she has been nominated and (2) share the contents of the nomination with the nominee.
Make your nomination the best it can be:
- What factors make the nominee a consideration for an Unsung Hero Award?
- What special traits make the nominee an Unsung Hero in your eyes?
- Include a time frame and other details—telling a story is better than writing a description.
- Be specific and concise.